March 2015 - similar to last time, new Basement Tapes, more glimmerings of new Brian Wilson, old favorites and new old favorites..plus Christmas and new Saint Etienne soundtracks.
1)CHRISTMAS EVE (Beach Boys): From the recent download only Beach Boys sessions album. May be muzak but with a Brian touch.
2) LIKE DREAMERS DO (Beatles): Surprised Decca rejected this lovely song
3) PRETENDERS TO THE THRONE (Beautiful South): In which Hull is promoted as the greatest European city.
4) FREAK (Belle And Sebastian): Lovely instrumental track -instrumentals is another theme of this selection.
5) I WANT YOU (Bob Dylan): Dylan goes right to the heart.
6) THE RIGHT TIME (Brian Wilson): Always the right time for new Brian.
7) LONELY IN MY HEART (Dionne Warwick): Not a Bacharach song but an emotional and great song.
8) SUMMER AIR (Explorers Club): Romantic instumental.
9) YOUR NATURE (Hothouse Flowers): Old favorite.
10) THE GREAT DEPRESSION (Jam)
11) THE ETON RIFLES (Jam)
12) JUST WHO IS THE FIVE O'CLOCK HERO (Jam)
13) BEAT SURRENDER (Jam): Some more old favorites from some 30 years after I finished school (the songs are even older).
14) SIX KISSES (Mary Epworth): Pretty pop song from English singer.
15) CORTEZ THE KILLER (Neil Young): Great passionate rock song.
16) LONG MAY YOU RUN (Neil Young): Not just for the Beach Boys references.
17) LOST ON THE RIVER #12 (The New Basement Tapes): New tapes, same as the old tapes....
18) AN OLD FILM OF MINE (Pete Wiggs)
19) PRIMROSE (Pete Wiggs)
20) SHOPPING SPREE (Pete Wiggs)
21) THE PATHS OF OTHERS (Pete Wiggs): From soundtrack to Saint Etienne film, by Saint Etienne member.
22) COME WITH THE GENTLE PEOPLE (Stu Phillips): From Return To The Valley Of The Dolls.
23) ISLAND IN THE SUN (Weezer): Modern pop loveliness.