Mostly going back to the past - Bacharach, Webb and Walker -but anticipating new releases from Lucky Soul and Brian Wilson.
1) LULLABY (Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks): In anticipation of the Brian Wilson Gershwin record.
2) THE GREATEST (Cat Power): Strangely affecting.
3) ARE YOU THERE (WITH ANOTHER GIRL) (Dionne Warwick)
4) PROMISES, PROMISES (Dionne Warwick): The "voice" of Bacharach -perfect pop.
5) LET THE MUSIC PLAY (The Drifters): Also Bacharach, with some great vocals.
6) WHERE'S THE PLAYGROUND SUSIE (Glen Campbell): Of course, Campbell was often the "voice" of Jimmy Webb.
7) KNOWING WHEN TO LEAVE (Jill O'Hara): Fantastic Bacharach song, fantastic vocal performance.
8) POSTCARD FROM PARIS (Jimmy Webb): Of course Webb could sing as well.
9) LOVE IS JUST A FOUR LETTER WORD (Joan Baez): Dylan is underrated as a pop writer.
10) A COMING OF AGE (Lucky Soul): Title track of the new Lucky Soul album - offered as a free download. This will be a brilliant album.
11) CRYIN' IN THE MORNING (Lucky Soul): B-side quality.
12) LAUGHING BOY HERE (Peter Lacey): Another gem from the prolific Lacey.
13) LUCKY ME (Richard Harris).
14) A TRAMP SHINING (Richard Harris): Richard Harris was the odd voice of Jimmy Webb, but very effective in these songs of romantic passion and disillusion.
15) SUCH A SMALL LOVE (Scott Walker)
16) IT'S RAINING TODAY (Scott Walker)
17) ROSEMARY (Scott Walker
18) GENEVIEVE (Walker Brothers)
19) TWO WEEKS SINCE WE'VE BEEN GONE (Scott Walker)
20) I THINK I'M GETTIN OVER YOU (Scott Walker): Scott Walker is the "voice" but aside from the last listed, these are all his compositions too. Music of the heart.
21) GONE (Wondermints)
22) SOMETHING I KNEW (Wondermints)
23) SO NICE (Wondermints): Of course, the Wondermints are the voices behind Brian Wilson.